Sunday, October 28, 2012

Caramel Apples


 So last night we made the most beautifully delicious caramel apples! It was a great day, John and I listened to  a sermon and unwrapped all the little caramels, then threw them in the crock pot to melt into creamy, buttery caramel goodness. Then around 6:30P evening time about 20 people came over to make caramel apples! We also put out nuts and chocolate to dip the apples in. It was a great night. All the women gathered in the kitchen and talked about babies, recipes and what we were going to buy for Christmas presents. While the men automatically congregated in the living room to discuss sports and fantasy football. I must say I would like to congratulate my self for being able to successfully discuss football. I can actually hold intelligent conversations about may favorite teams, and least favorite (Huskies). I suppose that is what happens when you are a cheerleader for 70% of your life, and married to sports-center.

  Probably the last flower we will see for the next 9 months. So long sweet summer. Welcome glistening winter.
I'm going to give this apple as a gift to one of my co-workers who has been workin' crazy! 
 Some beautiful flowers from the sweet Sarah Ryan!
 

No comments: