Saturday, November 3, 2012


Maybe I'm jumping the gun on the whole Christmas thing... But Starbucks is ready for the holidays so why can't I be?

John is always so hard to shop for, mainly because he rarely really needs or really wants anything. So all year I've been a creepy little secret keeper with a list of things that John mentions that he likes or wants. Bahaha! Ode to the iPhone 'notes'! I spent all morning searching for the best items for my man. Below are my findings!

What do you plan to buy for the man in your life? I will need to figure out what to get my Dad and Father In-Law, they are also difficult to shop for, they never need or want anything! Any good ideas out there?



1// Casio watch, basically I looked up what watches Bear Grylls wears, the answer was Casio. This is not the exact one that Bear wears, but its comparable and less expensive. However If we were big spenders, I would get him this watch. 

2// Razor, now this is on the pricier end of gift giving, but this boy has been needing a new razor since we got married!

3// Hat, John hasn't actually said anything about a hat this year, but if you know him then you know he can live without hats. Before we go married John had one had that I stole from him so that I could wash it. I was so afraid I was going to ruin it he loved that hat, even wore it to bed. So I washed it on delicate with special detergent and hang dried it. When I brought it back to him he about had a heart attack. One, he couldn't believe I would risk something so serious, and  two he couldn't believe that the hat was a completely new  color. 

4// Wool Sweater, who knew a guy would want something in cashmere and wool? But when John's parents came to visit us for a weekend, we went to hyper spud to look for snow shoes. While there I found a sweater like the one linked. John said that these are the best sweaters for hiking because they are so warm, yet breathable. The patagonia one is on sale, score!

5// Belt, John endlessly wears this one canvas belt that we got just after we got married. Needless to say that belt has been quite loved, and needs a replacement. 

6// Knife, I bet you are beginning to see that when I don't know how to pick-out good hiking gear, I turn to Bear Grylls. He may be a crazy man skinny dipping in glacial ice water, but you got to give him props for his excellent survival skills. Being a past SAS, I trust that he knows what he is doing... Or can I....

7// Settlers of Catan, We have been meaning to buy this game for awhile. We have searched all over Pullman but could not find it! As always whatever you can't find, can be found on Amazon!

8// Crocs, John loves his slippers! He used to always wear Sanuks which are great, but the Crocs are less expensive and give more foot support. However as long as its Khaki and cut similar to Sanuk, he'll like it!

No comments: